Monday, August 6, 2012

A Walk and a Fan Club

I had an adventure yesterday, I just HAD to share with you! Sometime yesterday afternoon, my Mommas decided they wanted to go for a walk, and somehow I got roped into going along. (I think they wanted me to protect them from the big white dog down the road, they were just too afraid to admit it) So I went with them. I stopped and sniffed the yellow flowers I like, I am a nature-lovin' kind of a guy after all. I wanted to go in the school yard, but they said no. I wanted to check out those big black birds, but the protector Momma said it wasn't a good idea since they could kick my butt. She's taller than me, so I figure she knew best.

When we got to a big red building, the dark-haired Momma handed my leash to the blonde Momma, and then went inside the big red building! She just stepped into it like it wasn't eating her! She's one brave Momma, let me tell you! Anyway, a little while later, it spit her out, and she had good smelling stuff with her. They sat on a bench, the dark haired Momma took me on her lap and then a nice lady came up to me with a dog cookie! I'd never met this woman before, but she was making sounds about how handsome I am and what a good boy I was. I wanted to say, 'well, yeah! of course I am!', but I just ate the cookie all up to show her how much I approved of her. Then another lady who was sitting beside her brought me crunchy treats. They were so yummy and salty, I had to eat them all up too! Before I could swallow that, another lady came over to pet me and told me how handsome I was. Friends, I felt famous! I had all these women around me dropping food and coming over to give me treats...it was great!

It was getting really windy though, and I don't like wind. My eyes stick out a little, so it kinda bothers me. One of my new friends told the dark haired Momma I needed a sweater, so of course, my Mommas HAD to tell everyone about the time they tried to make me wear clothes... sheesh! How embarrassing!  Oh well, at least the Momma put her sweater over me, which kept me warmer. I felt better. Under the bench we were sitting on, there was a big bowl of water that they let me drink from. This was a pretty neat place! Treats, new friends that recognize my charm and good looks, AND a bowl of water for us dogs...I liked this! My Mommas called it Searchmont Trading Post, but I'll always think fondly of it as the place where I found a fan club.

1 comment:

The Cranky said...

Awww, now this is just TOO cute!