Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Scary Night Monsters

I have to tell you about my scary walk last night. As many of you know, my family and I have moved waaaay out into the country where there are no street lights or houses close together so it gets very dark after the sun goes down. Last night I had to go to the bathroom one last time before bed. Now my bathroom is not in the house like my human family. I have to go outside. I've never quite understood why they can go inside but I have to go out with the bugs and things, but that is what my mamas insist on. Anyway, it was late at night and very dark outside. The blonde mama took me out the back door and put me on the ground. It was very dark. I looked toward the front yard and froze. The big dog who lives across the road started barking. The dog that lived down the road started howling. Then the dog that lived down the other end of the road started howling. There was something out there they said. Beware! I froze. I looked back at the mama. She didn't seem to be concerned but obviously, being human, she doesn't have the powerful senses that we dogs do. My other mama came outside and wanted to know why I looked scared. I tried to tell her there was a monster close by but she didn't listen either. I had to walk to the back door and refuse to go anywhere else. Finally the mamas figured out that the other dogs were telling me to beware of monsters in the dark and they took me back inside. I heard one mama say something about maybe a bear was in the woods near the house because they had seen what looked like bear droppings in the road earlier that day. BEAR!?! Sounds like a monster to me. My mamas really need to learn to speak chihuahua...soon!

No comments: